Have you ever observed a person who is full of ability yet lacked confidence? Their behavior is lowered to their beliefs about themselves. Many of us lack this same confidence in God. As a result, we have lowered our standards of Who God is and what He can do for and through us? Our spiritual walk and capabilities are limited because we lack faith in God displaying no confidence in Him.
Hebrews 11:6 is clear, “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” How big is God in your mind? This verse states for us “draw near to God, (we) must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” We cannot draw near to Him in faith because we have no confidence in Him without belief that He can impact our lives .
God demands we have faith in Him. Hebrews 11:1 declares, “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” When you have faith in God:
- You have “assurance of things hoped for…”
- You develop “the conviction of things not seen.”
Without faith we have no confidence in Him.
1 John 5:14&15 states, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” Do you have confidence in God that He hears you? As a result of this confidence, “(you) know that you have the requests that you have asked of him.”
How do we gain this confidence, assurance, and conviction? Romans 10:17 is simple and clear, “faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Hebrews 4:12 is dynamite, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Listen to the descriptions of God’s word:
- “living and active”…God’s word is living and activates faith then assurance in Him.
- “sharper than any two-edged sword”…It is decisive and clear as it penetrates your soul.
- “piercing to the division of soul and of spirit”…Allow His word into the deepest part of your being.
- “discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart” at the deepest levels of your being. He will sort out your innermost thoughts and intention. The result is truth which gives you confidence in God and clear direction for your life.
Do you lack confidence? Start Camping out in God’s word and allow it to penetrate your soul.