I don’t care how betrayed you feel, how hurt you are, how disappointed you might be in someone, the pain an event has caused you or how overwhelmed you find yourself, God is willing and able to comfort you and give you assurance . Today’s devotional is going to be simple. Romans 8:31-39 will be quoted in bullets. I am asking you to pause after each bullet and allow His Word to teach you. My prayer is God will really minister to you, console you and empower you:
- 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
- 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one.
- Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
- 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?… 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Now, I am asking you to pray a simple prayer of praise and thanks to our God and the victory that each of us has in Jesus. You may not feel like doing this but do it anyhow as an act of faith. If you choose to let Him, He will make this real in your life. Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.