For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose.
- Ability to evangelize well to others
- Need to be a great husband & dad
- Longing for effective role in my community & church
- Need for excellent financial stewardship & generosity
- Read God’s Word daily and pray for boldness with truth based knowlegde
- Commit to knowing schedules, loving words, and acts of service that will benefit the family before myself
- Sign up & Participate in groups and service roles to be placed closer to the fire of ministires
- Put aside personal wants and items or things that will rob my ability to bless others and provide for real needs…
Using a small outline like this can show us some ways to compare the DESIRE sides of our faith in comparison to the WORK OUT side.
Plug your own items in here and as you read them back aloud to yourself ask these questions:
Do MY DESIRES equate to God’s Glory in real ways?
Do MY DESIRES move me to serving others or do they gravitate towards my own benefit?
It’s really apparent to me that the WORK OUT portion of my list is MUCH harder to follow up on than the actual desires… Perhaps that is why the Lord says HE will enable us to do BOTH …. Giving us HIS DESIRES and pushing us to work them out for HIS GOOD PURPOSE.
So which came first ? the desire or the work out?
Wherever you find your answer this morning, keep in mind, the end goal is the eternal joy and life or living with our HOLY GOD. He will bring you to that goal but you have to put in the work out.