The Purpose of the Parables
 And when his disciples asked him what this parable meant,  he said, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, but for others they are in parables, so that ‘seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.’  Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.  The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.  And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.  And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.  As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience. ESV
I am learning like the rest of us I am sure about PATIENCE. I admittedly do not have it figured out but perhaps learn faster what PATIENCE IS NOT.
Patience is NOT:
- Searching for a new job when the first sign of doubt or conflict arises.
- Reaching out to new and untrustworthy sources when sound counsel gives solid yet painful information.
- Pushing yourself to unhealthy means to come up with more hours in the day when stress overwhelms.
- Stressing out and worrying about the UNKNOWN while claiming to ask God to hear your prayers and answer.
- Rejecting friends and family in times of need.
- Making decisions with little or no thought and spent prayer first.
- Acting in fear without consulting with spouse or loved one.
- Using numbing techniques to hide the pain or fears of reality.
- Crumbling at the first sign of emotional heartache.
Look, we are the seeds of the GOOD SOIL, we must hold fast to His Word and HOLD ON to His Hand when there is unknown, or fear, or worry.. usually ALWAYS of things that have not yet come to fruition. I need to learn this first and foremost above perhaps all other teaching… WAIT on the Lord. Ask Him to hear your heart when it is fired up about something… It is OK and NECESSARY to bring Him our concerns.. sometimes quiet and sometimes screaming out loud. That does not mean we trust Him any less, yet only we NEED HIM ALL THE MORE!
I admit it, yesterday while driving home from work alone in the car, I let GOD have it! I let Him have the tears, the fears, the sorrow, the worry, and the unknown. I said it out loud and I whispered it and I screamed it,
“help me with this God!”
“Take this from me God!”
“I cannot do this in my own power God!”
And it felt WONDERFUL to let go and LET GOD get after it! “And I will bear His fruit with PATIENCE”